T5 Auto Light Switch Fitting
Removal of existing light switch
See photos at the base of this page
1. Push the switch in and rotate Anti Clockwise then clockwise to SIDE LIGHTS to remove the switch. This will allow the switch to be removed from the dash housing
2. Unplug existing loom from the rear of the switch and replace with the new module Ensure the module is stored safely inside the dash, not interfering with any existing wiring
3. Push the end of the new loom through the switch hole and attach to the new switch
4. Site the Auto On Sensor. There are various places to site the sensor. By far the best place is by the A Pillar as close to the windscreen as possible. Clean the dash to remove any silicone based product before sticking it down using the 3M pad
5. Tidy up the wiring to allow the side panel to be reinstalled. Before doing this, locate the switch.
6. If you are fitting in the day time you will find the sensor will pick up light and will not activate the lights sadly you will need to wait until its dark for the auto function and welcome home lights to work
We do not recommend using the Auto Lights if you have fitted Xenons or HID's due to the larger current draw
If you are unsure of how to fit the unit please contact a qualified Auto Electrician who will be able to fit the unit
*Please note that the Welcome Home and Coming Home feature will only work on the T5 T5.1. You DO NOT need to try and reprogram the device. The WH + CH lights and Auto light function will only work at night (in the dark). If you fit in the daytime, the lights will not work, the unit is NOT broken.