BACK ORDER | Angled | 240V Electric Hookup IP67 | Connector
BACK ORDER ONLY. PLEASE ALLOW FOR DELIVERY MID TO END OF MARCH
This kit includes the connector PLUS the angled square block for surface mounting or fitting under a bumper. This will need to be screwed and sealed to the surface
• 16A rating
• Rated 400v
Feed, polarity + connection would still be using UK 3 Pole twin + earth arctic cable with a UK commando at the main hookup side but with a neater connection to the van (not supplied)
IP67 | Protected from immersion in water with a depth of up to 1 meter (or 3.3 feet) for up to 30 mins
Compliance + fitting
NOTE If wiring and powering from a UK domestic socket you must ensure the MCB is rated to 10A or less than 16A. A 32A ring main will share 16A across the ring which can max out the load. If in doubt speak to a local Electrician for further advice. This does not impact on UK campsites which have a 10A MCB feed
Connection - a bad connection (pin not clean, screw not tight etc). This would cause the connection to be high resistance which would generate heat
MCB – Change to a 10A dedicated feed to avoid maxing out at 16A even with a 13A fuse on the plug top. The actual current, where a BS 1362 fuse will blow, is about 1.66 times the rated value, so for a 13A fuse this will be 21.6A
- To prevent the connector being opened unintentionally when used in electrical circuits containing hazardous life parts, the thread between the housing and the connector head must be secured using a suitable cyanoacrylate adhesive.
- Connectors used in electrical circuits containing hazardous life parts must only be assembled and used by or under the supervision of persons with the requisite electrotechnical training, taking the applicable regulations and standards into account.
- The end user must take suitable safety measures to ensure that the connector cannot be disconnected accidentally.
- Connectors with degree of protection IP 67 and IP 68 are not suitable for use under water.
- To lock the cable connector to the connector, the threaded ring is tightened until it is ‘finger-tight’ (approx. 50 cNm).