160W SEMI-FLEXIBLE SOLAR CHARGING KIT WITH AUSTRIAN TEXTURED FIBREGLASS SOLAR PA
This high-efficiency, waterproof 160W monocrystalline solar charging kit is perfect for permanent outdoor use to provide free electricity for charging 12V batteries to power various applications. The solar panel is ideal for flat or curved roofs, such as on boats, caravans, motorhomes, RVs etc as it easily moulds to fit the shape of the roof. This panel can be easily mounted using the strong self-adhesive backing provided on the panel.
The solar kit includes:
- 160W semi-flexible, textured solar panel made of plastic reinforced with glass fibre, with self-adhesive backing (IEC certified)
- 20A high efficiency MPPT solar charge controller with inbuilt LCD display
- Pair of 5m 4.0mm2 single core extension cables with MC4 connectors
- 5m 4.0mm2 dual-core battery cable fitted with a fuse holder, 15A fuse and 8mm ring terminals
160W semi-flexible solar panel:
This solar panel has a textured surface that reduces the reflection of light whilst maximising the absorption of light from every possible angle. This ensures high performance of this solar panel in low light or cloudy conditions, or when the light falls at an angle (morning, evening or winter times). The fibreglass plastic used in this solar panel is very strong and durable. Soft and sealed edges of the solar panel make it resilient to mechanical impact on the sides and help avoid long term delamination. These Austrian manufactured solar panels are made to the highest European quality standards and are fully waterproof with a high resistance to salt water environments which makes this solar panel perfect for boats and marine applications.
High efficiency MPPT controller:
The 20A high efficiency MPPT solar charge controller included in this kit uses the most advanced Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technology to track the maximum power voltage point of solar panels as it varies depending on sunlight exposure and temperature. This technology ensures the maximum efficiency of your solar system and significantly outperforms standard PWM solar controllers.
The controller features a comprehensive set of electronic safety functions including protection against: reverse current at night (from the battery back to the solar panel), over-charging and deep discharge, over voltage, over load, short circuit and reverse polarity protection. The controller also has self-diagnostic capability and highlights any system errors using advanced fault-targeting technology.
The built-in LCD screen shows real-time charging parameters such as voltage, current (separately for solar panel / load), battery state of charge, accumulated charge and discharge energy. The easy to use buttons allow the user to manually select the battery type (lead-acid or lithium) and program load settings (e.g. set timers for lighting, fans, pumps etc).
This controller is compatible with lead-acid (sealed, gel or flooded) and lithium batteries.
Advanced monitoring and programming:
This solar charge controller also features advanced communication technology, which offers the user the opportunity to monitor and program parameters for the controller through various methods:
1) The controller can be connected to a remote meter MT50 with an LCD screen, which displays system performance information and allows the user to manually adjust parameters and load settings
2) The controller can be connected to a Wi-Fi module to create a Wi-Fi network, to which your mobile phone or tablet can connect, in order to monitor or adjust charging parameters and controller settings through a free mobile app (available for Android and iOS users), including setting the charging parameters for lithium batteries.
3) An RJ45 to USB cable can be used to connect the controller directly to your PC / laptop, where parameters and settings can be monitored and adjusted via a free computer program - Solar Station Monitor (Windows-based PCs and laptops only).
Using one of these communication methods, the user will gain access not only to the standard charging parameters already shown via the built-in LCD screen, but also additional information such as min/max voltages, temperature, protection cut off voltages, diagnostics and other information. If required the user will also be able to amend the battery capacity, set charging volts for different charging stages, specify the duration of each charging stage, create a user-defined battery type with charging parameters specific to their battery (if the pre-existing options are unsuitable), and more.
The solar panel is fitted with 2 x 0.9m cable (4.0mm2 cross section) with waterproof MC4 connectors which can be used for easy connectivity to the 4.0mm2 extension cable included in this kit, or for linking several panels together. This kit also includes a heavy duty 5m 4.0mm2 dual-core battery cable fitted with a fuse holder, 15A fuse and 8mm ring terminals for use between the solar charge controller and your battery.
Electrical connection: the solar charge controller included in this kit is supplied with a detailed user manual which contains a wiring diagram and information regarding installation and operations (see Documents tab). Please ensure that you read the full user manual before starting the installation.
Fitting: before installing this solar panel, please read the handling and fitting guidelines, available to download in the 'Documents' tab.
The solar charge controller in this kit is not waterproof and should be mounted indoors.
Solar panel specifications:
- Peak power: 160W
- Maximum power voltage: 20.2V
- Maximum power current: 7.92A
- Open circuit voltage: 23.9V
- Short circuit current: 8.40A
- Power allowance range: +/- 5%
- Solar Panel Dimensions: 1365 x 665 x 4 mm
- Junction Box Dimensions: 90 x 16 x 16 mm
- Weight: 5.75 kg
- 2 x 1m of high quality single core solar cable (4mm² cross section)
- Male and female MC4 connectors
Charge controller specifications:
- Fully automated operation and auto 12/24V selection
- Rated charge/discharge current: 20A
- Maximum solar panel input power: 320W (12V) / 640W (24V)
- Maximum solar panel input voltage 50V
- Temperature sensor for automatic compensation: -3mV/C/2V (25C)
- Working temperature: -25ºC to +55ºC
- Self-consumption: max. ≤9.2mA (12V); ≤11.7mA (24V)
- 3 pairs of terminals (solar, battery, optional load)
- Terminals for wire up to 10mm2
- Multiple mounting holes for ease of installation
- Size: 16 x 9.5 x 5 cm
- Weight: 350 g